JOIN OUR TEAM!
We’re looking for an intermediate or Senior Interior Designer to join our amazing team of talented designers.
- You are a self-starter who thrives from being given space to explore
- You believe that design is a collaboration between client and designer, working towards the best solution for the end user
- You are a team player, sharing ideas and solutions, supporting and encouraging your colleagues
- You have built great relationships with suppliers, contractors and consultants.
- You don’t get lost in the details but rather keep your eye on the big picture, completing your project both on schedule and on budget
- You know local and provincial building code like the back of your hand
- You multi-task with ease, balancing multiple projects at a time
- You can put together and deliver a persuasive presentation
- You are a visionary with an exceptional eye for detail
Skills & Credentials
- Degree or diploma in Interior Design from accredited school
- Experience with a range of commercial interior design, with an emphasis on corporate design
- Proficiency working with AutoCAD, Word, Excel
- Completed building code course
- LEED accreditation
- Experience with SketchUp, Revit, Microsoft Project & Powerpoint, or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) would be an asset.
- Completed NCIDQ
Does this sound like you? Here’s little more about the role.
Intermediate/Senior Interior Designer:
- Take ownership of projects, working both in teams and independently
- Exercise good judgment and decisionmaking
- Coordination and communication with all members of the project team including client, contractor, trades, suppliers, and consultants (electrical, mechanical etc.)
- Excellent design skills including design development, programming, and spaceplanning
- Extensive understanding of contract documentation, project documents and schedules
- Selection and specification of furniture systems
- Attending site for progress and deficiency reviews
- Excellent organizational and ‘people’ skills
- Base salary plus performance bonuses
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Will pay for NCIDQ and IDIBC dues for Professional Members
- Education fund for career development
- Friendly and supportive team of designers and partners
- Friday wine time where we mingle and share design inspirations
- Weekly project status meeting with breakfast provided
- Career development and growth program
- Central downtown office, close to Burrard Skytrain station and restaurants/shopping
- Showers in the building for those who choose to bike to work
- Annual staff appreciation day and semi-annual team building events
- Office closed between Christmas and New Years
Interested? Please send us your resume highlighting why you would be a great fit with our team.
Email: Susan Steeves – firstname.lastname@example.org