WE’RE HIRING! JUNIOR, INTERMEDIATE + SENIOR DESIGNERS.
Junior, Intermediate & Senior Interior Designers
We’re a professional award-winning interior design firm in Vancouver with 35+ years experience in commercial interior design. We believe that great design happens when people are inspired, encouraged, and allowed to explore, create and learn. We take great pride that we have created an environment that promotes the sharing and development of ideas, the feeling of community, the ability to enjoy the people we work with and the knowledge that our work makes a difference.
- You are a self-starter who thrives from being given space to explore
- You believe that design is a collaboration between client and designer, working towards the best solution for the end user
- You are a team player, sharing ideas and solutions, supporting and encouraging your colleagues
- You have built great relationships with suppliers, contractors and consultants.
- You don’t get lost in the details but rather keep your eye on the big picture, completing your project both on schedule and on budget
- You know local and provincial building code like the back of your hand
- You multi-task with ease, balancing multiple projects at a time
- You can put together and deliver a persuasive presentation
- You are a visionary with an exceptional eye for detail
Skills & Credentials
- Degree or diploma in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited school
- Experience with a range of commercial interior design, with an emphasis on corporate design
- Proficiency working with AutoCAD, Word, Excel
- Completed building code course
- LEED accreditation
- Experience with SketchUp, Revit, Microsoft Project & Powerpoint, or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) would be an asset.
- Completed NCIDQ
Does this sound like you? Here’s little more about the role.
Junior, Intermediate & Senior Interior Designers:
- Take ownership of projects, working both in teams and independently
- Exercise good judgment and decisionmaking
- Coordination and communication with all members of the project team including client, contractor, trades, suppliers, and consultants (electrical, mechanical etc.)
- Excellent design skills including design development, programming, and spaceplanning
- Extensive understanding of contract documentation, project documents and schedules
- Selection and specification of furniture systems
- Attending site for progress and deficiency reviews
- Excellent organizational and ‘people’ skills
- Base salary plus performance bonuses
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Will pay for NCIDQ and IDIBC dues for Professional Members
- Education fund for career development
- Friendly and supportive team of designers and partners
- Friday wine time where we mingle and share design inspirations
- Weekly project status meeting with breakfast provided
- Career development and growth program
- Central downtown office, close to Burrard Skytrain station and restaurants/shopping
- Showers in the building for those who choose to bike to work
- Annual staff appreciation day and semi-annual team building events
- Office closed between Christmas and New Years
Interested? Please send us your resume highlighting why you would be a great fit with our team.
Email: Susan Steeves – email@example.com