DESIGN WITH US
We have an exciting opportunity for an Interior Design Technologist at an intermediate to senior level to join our fun and talented team. Based in Vancouver, SSDG Interiors is an award-winning commercial interior design firm with nearly 40 years experience and one of the largest interior design firms in BC.
Great design happens when people are inspired, encouraged, and allowed to explore, create and learn. At SSDG we take great pride that we have created an environment that promotes the sharing and development of ideas, the feeling of community, the ability to enjoy the people we work with and the knowledge that our work makes a difference.
In this position, you will be an essential part of the interior design team, working with the design leads to translate their vision into highly detailed construction drawings and details in addition to high quality 3D renderings.
- Produce design development drawings, construction drawings, contract documents, and specifications as directed by team leaders
- Provide quality control and assurance of all drawings and documentation
- Assist with contract administration
- Print, issue, and distribute drawings to project team
- Assist designers with technical issues/questions pertaining to CDs and software
- Learn and uphold drawing standards to ensure consistency across all projects
Who you are:
- Diploma or Degree in Interior Design, Architecture, Interior Design Technology, or Architectural Technology
- 5+ years of relevant Interior Design experience producing Design Development and Construction Drawings
- Knowledge of local building codes
- Strong knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Proficient time management skills, a strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines is essential
- A team player who thrives in a fun and collaborative work environment
- Skills (Required):
- Degree or diploma in Interior Design, Architecture, Interior Design Technology, or Architectural Technology
- Strong 3D rendering skills
- Completed the BC building code course (Asset)
What we offer:
- Base salary plus performance bonuses
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Will pay for NCIDQ and IDIBC dues for Professional Members
- Education fund for career development
- Friday wine time where we mingle and share design inspirations
- Weekly project status meeting with breakfast provided
- Career development and growth program
- Central downtown office, close to Granville skytrain station and restaurants/shopping
- Access to showers and bike lockers
- Annual staff appreciation day (spa and dinner) and semi-annual team building events
- Office closed between Christmas and New Years
If you’re interested in being a part of one of the best design cultures in the city please send us your resume highlighting why you would be a great fit with our team.
Email: Susan Steeves – email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in this position and SSDG Interiors. Due to the high number of applicants, we will only be contacting those selected for an interview.